Passion 30 “The Challenge” is a thirty-day commitment that will enable us to break out of our comfort zones and begin a passionate pursuit for God. The Lord is taking us into the next phase of a journey designed to prepare us for the harvest in 2013. Just think of this challenge as a 30-day spiritual coach whose goal is to help us intensify our love and commitment to Jesus. The objective is to bring us closer to God so that we become stronger in the faith. The challenge is very simple. Nevertheless, it will require self-discipline and determination on our part.
Here are the steps that will help you reach the goal:
- Set time aside to read and study the Word of God daily. We know that faith comes from hearing and hearing comes by the Word of God. As you get in the Word and allow it to fill your heart, your faith will begin to grow.
- Schedule at least three times throughout the day to pray and seek God’s face. The quality of each prayer time will determine how effective your “workout” will be over the course of this challenge. The closer we draw to God, the closer God will draw near to us.
- Apply the Word of God to your daily activities so that it is allowed to bring structure into any area of your life that lacks discipline. James tells us in his epistle that when you know what is right and don’t do it, it becomes sin to you. The more you abide by this condition of the challenge the greater your results will be at the end of it. The discipline you gain by applying God’s Word will help you to overcome any habits and/or desires that may adversely affect your witness as a Christian.
- Obey the Word of God so that it begins to change your speech, conduct, behavior, and character. Remember, as you set your heart to pursue God passionately, He will give you His power to succeed. Therefore, you should not allow the fear of failure to keep you from the commitment to obey or from stepping out in faith.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any blind spots in your life that may be hidden from your awareness… but that others can see. These may be adversely affecting your witness and could cause someone to stumble.
- Allow the Lord to stretch your faith by paying close attention to His voice. Consequently, spiritual growth will take place in your heart and in your walk before this challenge has ended. True faith is agreeing with the Holy Spirit’s voice.
- If you don’t attend church regularly, then allow the Lord to stretch you; make a commitment to attend every service at your church while taking this challenge. Faithfully attending services will empower to you break free from isolation, and can help you to grow spiritually. Hebrews 10: 25 clearly instructs us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. Being in fellowship with other believers will help keep us accountable to the challenge and further ensure our success.
What should be the results of your commitment?
- You should experience a greater passion for Jesus and a deeper desire to please the Lord by fulfilling His purpose for your life.
- You should experience spiritual freedom as never before… simply because you continued in the Word of God and in prayer.
- Others should see a greater presence of God and an increase of God’s anointing on your life. Furthermore, you should have more boldness and confidence in your heart to speak the truth in love to the lost and hurting. This new- found boldness will make it easier for you to obey God and to witness to others.
- You should experience liberation from the old man at a deeper level. The joy of the Lord will give you strength to shine with the love of God. These are just some of the benefits that scripture tells us will take place as we pursue God passionately and with our whole heart.
- You should begin to see spiritual fruit develop both in your relationship with Christ and in the natural/physical realm. Along with the fruit, you should also see the blessings of the Lord increase in your life.
We have the promise in 2 Chronicles 7: 14 that God will forgive our sins and heal our land, if we will humble ourselves and pray, seek God’s face, and turn from our evil ways. Therefore, there is so much to gain from participating in this thirty-day challenge. The Lord has promised to reward those who diligently seek Him. Jesus tells us in John 4 that the Father seeks those who will worship Him in Spirit and in truth. We are excited and are looking forward to seeing and hearing all that the Lord is going to do through us as we passionately pursue the heart of God. Once again, the Lord is calling His body together in 2013 to see the plan of God fulfilled through our unity and obedience. Please email us at email@example.com and let us know that you are participating in the thirty-day challenge. We are eager to see you experience all that God has planned for your life in Christ.
In His service,
Pastor Asa Dockery